Privacy Notice for Suppliers
ROSMAR PRIVACY NOTICE FOR ROSMAR GROUP SUPPLIERS
Effective Date June 25, 2018
Introduction: Grupo Rosmar is committed to protecting the privacy of its customers and suppliers in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. Grupo Rosmar supports the fundamental rights to privacy and data protection, as well as national and international privacy laws, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The personal information that you provide us Grupo Rosmar collects the personal information that you provide us when you call us by phone, use online account tools, inform us of problems related to the service, respond to surveys or contact us. This information may include your name and contact information, such as your billing address, email address, and phone number. We may also collect information about your account and your use of our services, which may include your account number and your billing and payment history.
We may collect information that is sent to us automatically through your web browser. Typically, this information includes your Internet Protocol (IP) address, the identity of your Internet service provider, the name and version of your operating system and browser, the date and time of your visit, the page that linked you a Grupo Rosmar and the pages you visit.
How we may use your personal information We comply with our legal obligations in the following ways:
- We keep personal data updated.
- We store and destroy them in a secure way.
- We protect personal data from unauthorized loss, misuse, access and disclosure.
- We have adequate technical measures to protect personal data.
Legal basis for the processing of your personal data It may be necessary to process your data to respect the legitimate interests of Grupo Rosmar or a third party, except when those interests conflict with your interests, rights or freedoms. The processing may also be necessary to enter into or perform a contract with you. For some additional purposes, your data will be used only with your explicit consent.
Specifically, your personal information may be used for the following:
- To provide you with effective and efficient customer service.
- To provide you with products, information and services that you request.
- To process orders you place on our websites.
- For analytical purposes.
- To improve the content, functionality, performance and usability of our website.
- To provide you with technical assistance and troubleshooting.
- In relation to our legal rights and obligations.
- For certain additional purposes only with your explicit consent.
Your preferences: We respect your right to make choices about the ways in which we collect, use and disclose your personal information. Where applicable, you will be asked to indicate your preferences at the time we collect your personal information. If you receive email or marketing communications, you can “unsubscribe” from that service at any time by using the unsubscribe function found in the emails.
How We May Share Your Personal Information If permitted by applicable law, we may share your information:
- Within Grupo Rosmar for the purposes indicated in this Online Privacy Notice.
- With our third party service providers who perform services on our behalf. Our third-party service providers are required to use appropriate privacy protections and may only use the information for the purpose of providing services to Grupo Rosmar. Grupo Rosmar does not sell, rent or trade your personal information. Grupo Rosmar may transfer your personal information outside the country or geographic region where you are located. Where we do so, we will ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place.
- Business transactions and transfers Grupo Rosmar may buy, sell, form or reorganize one or more of its businesses or sell inventories or assets, for example, as a result of a sale, merger, reorganization or liquidation. Such a transaction may involve disclosure of your information to potential buyers or partners. In that case, we will ensure that appropriate safeguards are put in place, as well as strict confidentiality provisions.
We will use your personal information to send you product or promotional marketing.
External links: The Grupo Rosmar websites may contain links to other sites operated by third parties. Grupo Rosmar is not responsible for the actions or privacy policies of third-party websites.
Ad Remarketing: This website may use Google AdWords, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, AddThis, and Turn remarketing services, and possibly other services, to advertise on third-party websites to previous visitors to our websites. Any data we collect will be used in accordance with our Online Privacy Notice. If necessary, you will be asked for your consent and, if you wish, you can completely opt out of interest-based advertising through cookie settings or permanently through the use of a browser plug-in.
Use of special features or areas of our websites: Some of our websites include special features, such as surveys, licensed content, online stores, or password-protected areas. Specific privacy statements may appear on this type of Grupo Rosmar website, including but not limited to our work and investor websites. On those websites you may be asked to agree to special terms that govern your use of the special feature or password-protected area.
Public Forums: We may offer chat rooms, blogs, message boards, bulletin boards, or similar public forums where you and other users of our website can express yourself. Except as required by applicable law or regulation, the protections outlined in the Online Privacy Notice do not apply to information (including personally identifiable information) that you post and/or volunteer in these public forums. Any information you share in a public forum is public information and can be seen or collected by anyone, including third parties who do not follow our Privacy Notice. Grupo Rosmar is not responsible for any event arising from the distribution of any information that you decide to publish or share publicly through our websites.
Children’s Privacy: We do not knowingly collect information about children to sell or promote our products or services. Visitors must be at least 18 years of age to register or submit survey information. If you believe that a person under the age of 18 has submitted personal contact information to Grupo Rosmar, please contact us immediately using the address below and we will do our best, within reason, to promptly delete that information. information from our databases.
Security: Grupo Rosmar follows industry standard practices to protect the information it collects in order to prevent unauthorized use, disclosure or access to information. These security practices include technical, administrative and physical safeguards. Grupo Rosmar applies appropriate measures to protect personal information held by Univar from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Grupo Rosmar adopts reasonable precautions within the commercial field to protect the confidentiality, integrity and security of your personal information.
We also have procedures in place to address any data security breaches. We will notify you, as well as any relevant regulatory authority, of any suspected data breach where we are legally required to do so.
- SSL Protection Some password-protected areas of our websites require a secure connection to your computer. We use an encryption technology called Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). That means a secure connection is maintained until you leave the secure area of the site. Grupo Rosmar cannot guarantee the security of personal information transmitted over the Internet.
- Password Protection You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your passwords. We are entitled to presume that anyone who accesses one of our websites using a password that has been assigned to you has the right to do so. You will be solely responsible for the activities carried out by anyone who accesses our websites using a password that has been assigned to you. You should promptly change your passwords if you believe there is a risk of a password breach.
Retention: Grupo Rosmar may retain your personal information for the legally required period of time. After that period, we will securely destroy your personal data in accordance with our internal policies and procedures.
Your rights Your rights with respect to your personal data include the ability to:
- Access your personal information and other types of complementary information referred to in this Privacy Notice.
- Correct your personal information if it is inaccurate or out of date
- Request that your personal information be deleted.
- Restrict or object to the processing of your personal information, especially when the organization claims to have legitimate interests as a legal reason for the processing.
- Transfer your data in a portable format, in particular when the processing is based on your consent or is carried out by automated means
- A claim before a supervisory authority.
- Withdraw the consent you previously gave to the use of your personal information.
- Request that any future processing be restricted where there is a dispute regarding the accuracy or processing of your personal data.
If you have created an account or a personal profile on one of our websites, you should be able to access and update some or all of your personal information. If you want to access, update or correct any other personal information, please contact us. We may ask you for additional information to verify your identity. In most cases, we will update information as requested, if we have no reason to limit or deny your request, when required by law, or when we are unable to verify your identity.
Contact with Grupo Rosmar: If you wish to exercise all pertinent rights or send us questions or complaints, you can contact Grupo Rosmar in the following ways:
- Send an email to [email protected]
- Get in touch by calling 1-833-4ROSMAR (767627)
The GDPR also gives you the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, specifically with the European Union (or EEA) State where you work or reside, or where any alleged breach of data protection laws has occurred.
Changes to this Privacy Notice: Grupo Rosmar reserves the right to modify this Online Privacy Notice as necessary by posting a revised version on our websites. These changes will become effective on the date of publication.